Are you prepared for the future of real estate?
The Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) designation is for REALTORS® who want to be able to meet the special needs of maturing Americans when selling, buying, relocating, or refinancing residential or investment properties. By earning the SRES® designation, REALTORS® are prepared to approach mature clients with the best options and information for them to make life-changing decisions.
The largest and wealthiest group of buyers in the country is over 50. Understand their maturing motivations and build your business by earning the SRES® designation. Senior Real Estate Specialists® gain access to a network of over 16,000 designees, customizable SRES® designation marketing materials, social networking, powerful business partners, and so much more.
Adults aged 50+ represent more than 20% of the U.S. population. For most senior adults, the homes that they live in are their largest asset and account for most of their net worth. Completion of the Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES®) Designation Course is an essential step for REALTORS® in understanding the distinct real estate goals, concerns, and needs of seniors today.
This course looks at key differences in housing options, from age-restricted communities to age-in-place design to assisted living; applications of the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA); the ins and outs of reverse mortgages; the use of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions; and developing a team of senior specialists, including estate planners, reverse mortgage lenders, clutter and staging specialists, and more.
The course material and exercises train REALTORS® to:
- Identify the power of generational demographics
- Develop and maintain relationship marketing skills
- Counsel rather than sell to the 50+ market
- Understand the implications of tax laws, probate and estate planning.
SRES® Designation Course Learning Objectives:
- Learn distinguishing characteristics and trends of the 50+ market so that you can discern them in your own market area.
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the 50+ market.
- Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the 50+ market.
- Learn the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA).
- Develop business building outreach methods for communicating and gaining 50+ market share.
- Adapt methods for counseling the 50+ buyer and sellers.
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters.
- Develop sensitivities to 50+ issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions.
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor.
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve 50+ clients and customers.
- Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages.
- Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions.
- Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50+ real estate decisions.
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50+ borrowers.
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices.
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place.
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans.
How to earn the SRES Designation+
- Successful completion of the two-day SRES designation course, either online or in a classroom setting
- Take the SRES designation course in Eugene May 24-25, 2016! Register Online »
- 80% passing grade on exam
- Member in good standing of NAR or cooperating association
- Member in good standing in the SRES® Council
- Online version of the course*
- Classroom version of the course offered in Eugene, May 24-25 - $250
- Varies by provider
- SRES® Council annual dues
- First full year is free
- $99 per year thereafter
For more information, visit the SRES® website(link is external).
SRES Designee Benefits+
Member Benefits Include:
- Access to the online SRES® member database
- Access to the members-only section of the SRES® web site
- Consumer marketing materials
- Quarterly newsletter
- Marketing letters
- Scripts and concepts for contacting clients age 50+
When you earn your SRES® designation, you'll be able to instantly:
- join a group of REALTORS® who comprise one of the fastest growing networks in the country
- connect to a nationally advertised brand in the consumer market
- market your personal brand with designs and tools you receive with membership
View complete list of SRES® designation member benefits.
Are you interested?+
Register online TODAY for the upcoming SRES Designation Course in Eugene!
- May 24-25, 2016
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- 12 hours of Oregon CE credit & 12 hours of Oregon GRI credit