Redefine your "normal" and reinvent the way you represent sellers.
The Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) designation is the premier credential in seller representation. It is designed to elevate professional standards and enhance personal performance. The designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers (CRB) who meet specific educational and practical experience criteria.
The SRS Course will provide you a comprehensive foundation of skill development, training and resources to help real estate professionals represent the interests of sellers in today's marketplace and succeed as a seller's representative. This course is specifically designed to help you:
- Increase listings and grow your business
- Demonstrate and communicate your value package to seller clients
- Understand and apply the Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice
- Understand and comply with state license laws when representing sellers
- Understand and apply methods, tools and techniques to provide the support and services that sellers want and needs
- Conduct a seller counseling session
The Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation was created in 2006 by three recipients of the National Association of REALTORS® Distinguished Service Award: Bruce Aydt, Adorna O. Carroll, and Steve Casper.
CRB Council Acquires SRS Designation On January 2, 2014, the SRS Designation became a wholly-owned division of the CRB Council and furthers the Council's mission of being the leader and preferred partner in providing REALTORS® with the knowledge, information, tools, and resources to maximize the success and profitability of their business. The SRS is now recognized by the National Association of REALTORS® as an official designation, and current SRS designees will also be recognized as real estate professionals who adhere to the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, the highest ethical standards in the industry.
About the CRB Council The Council of Real Estate Brokerage Managers (CRB Council) is a not-for-profit affiliate of the National Association of REALTORS®, and sets the industry standard for innovative brokerage management resources, tools and learning opportunities. For over 45 years, the Council has continued to be the guiding light for brokers, owners, managers and team leaders endeavoring to increase profitability, productivity, and performance.
How to earn the SRS Designation+
- Complete the SRS course, either online or in a classroom setting.
- Complete one of the SRS elective courses.
- Member in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS®
- Exception: International members of SRS do not have to be members of NAR.
- Member in good standing with SRS
- Documentation of five completed transactions in which you acted solely as a seller representative.
- Submit the designation application along with documentation of five completed transactions.
- SRS Course Fee
- Annual dues
- Waived for the first year
- $99 each subsequent year SRS course fee
For more information, visit the SRS website.
SRS Designee Benefits+
Member Benefits Include:
- Membership in an elite group of trained seller client advocates
- Access to a wealth of member-only education, resources and services.
- "Find An SRS" Online Directory for the public to access and for direct member to member referral opportunities
- Subscription to the bi-monthly digital Real Estate Business Magazine
- SRS social media community – Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Exclusive, member-only webinars and videos.