April 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the 1968 landmark Fair Housing Act. REALTORS® recognize the significance of this event every day through the NAR Code of Ethics and reconfirm their commitment to upholding fair housing law and offering equal professional service to all.
Fair Housing month is celebrated every April, but on this, the 50th anniversary of the Fair Housing Act, we encourage you to take advantage of opportunities to commemorate this landmark legislation.
- Multifamily NW 4th Annual Fair Housing Fair; Thurs., Feb. 8, Portland
- Fair Housing Makes Us Stronger: Commemorating 50 Years of the Fair Housing Act
View & Share this video with your members, associates and clients
Fair Housing Resources
Got a question about Fair Housing? Just want to learn more about the law? Avail yourself to the following resources:
- Fair Housing Council of Oregon (training classes, videos, content downloads)
- NAR Fair Housing website
- Overview of Fair Housing Laws (video)
- National Fair Housing Alliance
- Live and online Fair Housing Training in the PNW from the U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
- Events hosted by the Oregon Rental Housing Association, Inc.
- Timeline: U.S. Fair Housing Laws and Presidential Executive Orders
OAR will continue to post content about the 50th anniversary of the Fair Housing Act throughout the year, and especially during national Fair Housing Month in April.