The value of your membership gives you far more in benefits and services than you pay in dues. This value will help you earn more through education, networking, and connecting while reducing your risk and liability.
Even if you have never used an Association benefit or service, you have saved thousands of dollars in potentially lost income thanks to OAR. As an example, the 2012 defeat of transfer taxes through Measure 79 and prevention of efforts to eliminate the mortgage interest deduction in Oregon were due to work by OAR, protecting you from lost sales.
Association-sponsored education and designation courses earn you credits toward your continuing education requirements or REALTOR® professional designation, keep you abreast of current real estate issues and increase your earning power.
Questions answered on the Legal Hotline or during risk management seminars save you untold dollars in legal fees. Risk management tools like the Oregon Property Buyer & Seller Advisories reduce your legal risk during sales transactions.
See below for more detail on what you get for your dues dollars. Or check out this handy brochure that details the more tangible benefits all in one place.
This is a monthly newsletter containing timely information and news which is emailed to all members mid-month. Past issues are archived here.
Center for Real Estate Quarterly
A past endowment from the Oregon Association of REALTORS® helps to fund this publication from the Portland State University School of Urban Studies and Planning – Center for Real Estate. Research covers commercial, residential, and industrial real estate market conditions from expert sources. Past issues are archived here.
Committees and task forces work continually on behalf of the membership to improve business understanding and community relations and to provide programs and services that will benefit the industry and its members.
Local and statewide press initiatives include newspaper articles, press releases, special event sponsorship, etc. designed to communicate the professional service that Oregon REALTORS® provide, the importance of real estate to the Oregon economy, the ethical industry standards upheld by REALTORS®, and the positive impact Oregon REALTORS® are making in local communities.
This is the REALTOR® charity which helps communities across the State create affordable housing opportunities and provides goodwill on behalf of our members.
The Oregon GRI
OAR has resurected the Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) designation. Earning your GRI designation is a way to stand out to prospective homebuyers and sellers as a REALTOR® who has gained in-depth knowledge on technical subjects as well as the fundamentals of real estate. In today's competitive business environment, it often takes more than just motivation and initiative to succeed. You can read more about the GRI program, courses, and instructors here.
Earning a designation can have a direct impact on your income! OAR offers a variety of NAR designations throughout the year in various locations around the State based on market needs.
The Association also offers online CE courses through its partnership with The CE Shop to help you complete your continuing education requirements conveniently from your home or office.
OAR offers a monthly webinar program with timely, quality information affecting the real estate industry. Past topics have included: Flood Insurance Program Changes, 1031 Exchanges, OREF Forms, Real Estate Taxes, and Foreclosures. Registration fees have been kept low and are per location, making it very affordable for an office or group of members to all learn together. As a OAR member, you also have access to our Webinar Library of over 50 past recorded webinars.
Don't miss out on the yearly convention with a great deal of education offered all in one place. It's a terrific opportunity to learn, network, and connect with colleagues while improving your knowledge base and professionalism.
The Oregon Association of REALTORS® advocates before the Oregon Legislature and state regulatory agencies in order to maintain a healthy business environment for REALTORS® and to ensure the American dream of homeownership remains accessible. From the continual pursuit of improving professionalism in the real estate industry, to steadfast opposition to potentially harmful tax proposals, OAR protects the diverse interests of those Oregonians who own, sell, or purchase real property.
Grassroots Political Activities
In today's increasingly complex political environment, the axiom of strength in numbers has never been more apt. Through the Key Constituent program, REALTOR® Day at the Capitol, and Calls for Action, Oregon REALTORS® have the opportunity to directly interact with and convey key messages to elected officials in a unified voice for the real estate industry.
REALTOR® Political Action Committee (RPAC)
Working in conjunction with the National Association of REALTORS® and your local boards and associations, Oregon REALTORS® Political Action Committee assists in raising political action funds for use at the national, state, and local government levels. At the state level, your RPAC Trustees also select and, through your contributions, financially support pro-REALTOR® candidates who have a demonstrated desire to foster a healthy business environment, protect private property rights, and avoid unintended harmful effects on the real estate industry.
Contributing to RPAC is the best investment in a healthy business environment you can make. And with Oregon providing a unique $50 tax credit for individual state returns ($100 for joint returns), investing in RPAC offers multiple returns on your investment!
Issues Mobilization Fund
This is a member benefit maintained by the Association for the purpose of addressing issues of statewide significance. Members are the first to bring local issues to the attention of the Association. Dealing with issues early and aggressively at the local level often means that those same issues do not reappear in other local jurisdictions or at the state level. Application is through local associations/boards.
Risk Management Tools
Risk Management Toolkit
The Risk Management Toolkit is a comprehensive reference guide for real estate professionals for all information relating to the marketing/advertising, writing, and working of transactions in the market.
Oregon Buyer & Seller Advisory Toolkits
The Oregon Buyer & Seller Advisory Toolkits reduce your business risk by helping your clients better understand the limits of your expertise and the scope of your relationship. You're encouraged to share these OAR-produced documents with your clients as you see fit.
Legal Hotline & Archives
The Legal Hotline is an annual subscription service available at a minimal cost to members only. This service provides direct access to attorneys able to provide information on a broad range of real estate issues including disclosure, license law, contracts, offer and acceptance, short sales, escrow and more.
The Association also publishes legal and risk management articles written by our attorneys to keep members abreast of current issues affecting the real estate industry. They are archived here on the website.
The REALTOR® Code of Ethics is the cornerstone of REALTOR® membership. The Oregon Association of REALTORS® provides ethics training to meet the requirements of the National Association of REALTORS®. Our advanced Professional Standards Academy (offered annually) and Code enforcement assistance further enhance REALTOR® professionalism for members.
Legal Action Fund
The Oregon Association of REALTORS® maintains a Legal Action Fund to benefit members in matters affecting REALTORS® as a class or the real estate industry as a whole. Participation has included preparation and filing of legal briefs such as Amicus Curiae (friend of the court), intervention or other participation during administrative proceedings, and assistance in payment of fees or costs associated with a legal appeal provided the proceeding has statewide significance.
All requests are reviewed and approved by the Legal Action and Executive Committees and use of the Legal Action Fund is based on set criteria. Application is made through local associations/boards.
Tech Helpline - Your Personal Tech Support Team+
Free Geeks! - Starting December 7, 2015
With the Oregon Association of REALTORS® Tech Helpline, you never need to call your nephew again for tech support. Computers, printers, cell phones, tablets, software, blue screens of death, and just about anything digital - they do it all and it's included in your membership with the Oregon Association of REALTORS®. The Tech Helpline can even remote into your computer to fix it while you sit back and relax.
Call and talk with an expert! Also available via email!
- Phone: 888-804-8226
- Email: email@example.com
- Monday - Friday, 6am - 5pm
- Saturday, 6am - 2pm
*Call Center based in the U.S.
Do you need to make a referral across the State but don't know someone in that market? Do you remember meeting someone from a particular office in your area but don't recall their name? You're in luck! As part of your membership, you can access the complete directory of nearly 16,000 members in the Oregon database. Watch this short video to find out how to access this information at your fingertips.
Portland State University - Center for Real Estate Quarterly+
PSU's Center for Real Estate Quarterly publication is a snapshot of the commercial real estate and housing markets in the region. Each issue has several feature articles about real estate and development in the Portland area as well as an analysis of the trends in the commercial and residential markets. We appreciate the generous support of the Quarterly by the Oregon Association of Realtors (OAR) and the Regional Multiple Listing Service (RMLS).
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, February, 2017 (full 59-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, May, 2017 (full 68-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, August, 2017 (full 71-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, February, 2016 (full 86-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, May, 2016 (full 89-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, August, 2016 (full 90-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, November, 2016 (full 91-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, February 2015 (full 87-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, May 2015 (full 74-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, August 2015 (full 71-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, November 2015 (full 92-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, February 2014 (full 56-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, May 2014 (full 62-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, August 2014 (full 61-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, November 2014 (full 77-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly February 2013 (full 69-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly May 2013 (full 59-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, August 2013 (full 99-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, November 2013 (full 78-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly February 2012 (full 76-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly May 2012 (full 49-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly August 2012 (full 59-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly November 2012 (full 68-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly February 2011 (full 64-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly May 2011 (full 80-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly August 2011 (full 57-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly November 2011 (full 76-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly February 2010 (full 76-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly May 2010 (full 113-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly August 2010 (full 82-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly November 2010 (full 61-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly February 2009 (full 60-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly May, 2009 (full 77 page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly August, 2009 (full 81-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly November 2009 (full 75-page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, Vol. 2, No. 1 February 2008 (full 58 page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly Vol. 2, No. 2 May 2008 (full 79 page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, Vol. 2, No. 3 August 2008 (full 68 page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, Vol. 2, No. 4 November, 2008 (full 92 page report)
- Quarterly Real Estate Report, Vol. 1, No. 1 January 2007 (full 33 page report_
- Quarterly Real Estate Report, Vol. 1, No. 2 April 2007 (full 41 page report)
- Quarterly Real Estate Report, Vol. 1, No. 3 Map 1 Map 2 August 2007 (full 58 page report)
- Center for Real Estate Quarterly, Vol. 1, No. 4 November 2007 (full 71 page report)
Realtors Property Resource® (RPR®)+
Realtors Property Resource® (RPR), one of the most exciting benefits included in your NAR membership, offers exclusive access to the most powerful data platform available to members of the National Association of REALTORS® family, all at no additional cost. Easily accessed through desktop and mobile devices, RPR’s database of more than 160 million U.S. properties is the largest and most far reaching real estate portal of its kind, with data sets ranging from demographics and school attendance to tax and mortgage history; listing, sales, and valuations; heat maps, flood zones, and more. As a powerful marketing tool, RPR allows REALTORS® to create custom branded reports that can be printed, emailed or texted from anywhere you are. Learn as you go by visiting RPR’s online learning center or enroll in an upcoming workshop. Ready to register? Visit narrpr.com. Access RPR data anytime, anywhere by downloading RPR mobile.
Group Insurance Plans+
OAR has partnered with Johnson Benefit Group, Inc. to provide Oregon Association of REALTORS® members access to group insurance rates. To learn about all coverage options (excluding dental) click on the Medical link below. To learn about Dental coverage options, click through the links below under Dental.
Medical: All insurance and coverage options (excluding dental).
- Special Healthcare for OAR members
- What's Covered
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Plan
- Clinic Locations
- Network Map
- Enroll Here Today!!!
Dental: Dental insurance is available to members through Willamette Dental Group. They offer good benefits at a lower cost and with over 20 locations in Oregon to choose from, you get the benefits of a local clinic, with the reach and knowledge of a large network.
Have any payment or coverage questions? Call Johnson Benefit Group, Inc. at (503) 656-3232.
Office Supplies, Furniture & Printing Needs+
Office Depot offers OAR members a great discount program on office supplies, furniture, and printing needs for your business.
The Member Discount Program allows you to shop online or at any one of Office Depot's retail locations and receive:
- Steep discounts on a core list of 175+ items
- Huge savings at the Copy & Print Center
- 10% off on most catalog items
- Tiered discounts
- FREE, next day delivery on most in-stock products (depending on location)
- Printable discount cards
To register for an online ordering account and/or shop today, click here.
To download the printable Store Purchasing Card for use at Office Depot retail locations, click here.
To view our current partner offer for Breakroom products, click here.
To view our current partner offer for File Cabinets and, click here.
As a leader in the insurance industry for nearly 60 years and a long-time partner of the Oregon Association of REALTORS®, Pearl Insurance is proud to share with you our quality Errors & Omissions Insurance which offers valuable coverage that's better and more affordable than ever before.
Get a Quote
Receive a quote and choose to bind coverage or renew your policy. As a Pearl Insurance insured, you'll gain access to our quality Real Estate Errors & Omissions Insurance as well as:
- Extensive risk management tools and services
- Superior customer service
- Proactive claims handling and assistance by the experienced XL claims staff
- Expert defense against a claim from Oregon's dedicated panel counsel
Get a Premium Estimate
Not ready for a quote? No problem. Simply take a couple of minutes to complete our premium estimate form. Our sales representatives will use this information to get a quote for you and will contact you within 24 hours.
Mobile Safety App+
Our safety apps deliver personal safety and security to individuals by transforming their mobile devices into smart personal emergency phones. Simply launching our safety apps will transmit real-time GPS location and indoor location within buildings (for select enterprise customers), and provide two-way communication with private security, 911 authorities and safety groups.
Get the Guardly mobile safety app for only $17.99/year – an exclusive discount for Oregon REALTORS®.
Mediation & Arbitration Services+
Alternative Dispute Resolution Service offers REALTOR® members, their customers, and clients mediation and arbitration services for parties involved in a real estate transaction conflict. Call 800-423-1216 for information.
Use Promotion Code: OAR2
- 10% discount on product/publication purchases from the www.realtor.org store
- 10% discount on NEW Print On Demand program in which members can personalize and print some of NAR's hottest sellers!
- Direct access to printed products, eProducts, and NEW Print on Demand personalized products
- Usage of 10% discount on already reduced products and publications each month