Part of what makes the GRI program so great is that there are so many paths to earn your GRI designation! We affectionately call it "triple-dipping." To earn the GRI, you need to take 60 hours of approved GRI content. At least 30 of those hours must be a mix (any mix) of OAR Core Courses. The last 30 hours can be any combination of OAR Core Courses or the Elective Hour Options listed below. We call it "triple-dipping" becauce our core courses count for CE credit, GRI credit, and the last 30 elective hours of your designation can be used to earn ANOTHER designation Past designations/cerificates you've already earned or the Oregon Leadership Academy can also count for elective hour credit. You heard that right: essentially, you can walk away with 60 hours of CE credit, the GRI designation, and a couple other designations. We're pretty excited about this and hope you are too.
The list below states what we have approved for elective hour credit. Next to the elective are the credit hours associated with that item. When you feel you have completed the GRI coursework, you will be submitting an application for GRI Graduation. On the GRI Graduation application, you will list which electives you took and the appropriate certificate of completion. Contact OAR with any questions.
- A copy of the course completion cetificate must be included with the GRI Graduation Application for equivalency credit.
- To count a Certification for equivalency credit - all course and requirements must be completed in full.
- To count a Designation for equivalncy credit - you must have completed the designation course and be in the process of earning that designation or have completed it previous.
- You may count any designation/certification you have earned in your career for equivalency credit. There is no timelimit on when you have earned those. For example, if you earned the Sellers Representative Specialist (SRS) designation 10 years ago - it still counts for credit hours.
Approved GRI Elective Hour Options – can take up to 30 hours
- Oregon Association of REALTORS® Content
- Oregon Leadership Academy – 6 hours
- Approved GRI Equivalency Credit Designations
- Accredited Buyer's Representative® (ABR®) Designation Course or Elective Courses - up to 12 hours
- ABR® Designation Course (two day course) - 12 hours
- ABR® Elective: Generation Buy – 6 hours
- ABR® Elective: Marketing Reboot – 6 hours
- ABR® Elective: New Home Construction & Buyer Representation – 6 hours
- ABR® Elective: Successful Relocation Representation – 6 hours
- ABR® Elective: REO: Responsibilities, Education and Opportunities for Real Estate Professionals – 6 hours
- Certified International Property Specialist® (CIPS®) Designation Courses - 25 hours for a full CIPS Institute or up to 18 hours for individual courses (only three courses count)
- Global Real Estate: Local Markets - 6 hours
- Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools - 6 hours
- Europe & International Real Estate - 6 hours
- Asia/Pacific & International Real Estate - 6 hours
- The Americas & International Real Estate - 6 hours
- The Middle East and Africa & International Real Estate - 6 hours
- CRB: Marketing Strategies that Deliver Results – 6 hours
- CRB: Business Planning & Marketing – 6 hours
- CRS: Electives – 6 hours (only one course counts)
- Listings (201) – 6 hours
- Sales (202) – 6 hours
- Referrals (210) – 6 hours
- NAR's Green Designation Courses - up to 12 hours (6 hours each for 2 courses)
- New Green Designation Format, starting 2016 (two day course) - 12 hours
- NAR Green Day 1 and 2 - 6 hours per course
- Old Green Designation Format, ended 2015 (three day course) - 12 hours (only two courses count)
- Green 100, 200, and 300 – 6 hours per course
- Sellers Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation Course (two day course) - 12 hours
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) Designation Course (two day course) – 12 hours
- WCR: Effective Negotiating for Real Estate Professionals – 6 hours
- Approved GRI Equivalency Credit Certificates
- At Home with Diversity (AHWD) Certification – 6 hours
- Certified Real Estate Team Specialist (CRETS) Certification - 6 hours
- e-PRO® Certification - 12 hours (two day course)
- Military Relocation Professional (MRP) Certification – 6 hours
- Pricing Strategy Advisor (PSA) Certification - 6 hours
- Real Estate Negotiation Expert (RENE) - 6 hours
- Resort & Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) Certification - 6 hours
- Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource (SFR®) Certification – 6 hours